Everything Goes With Pink

Pink is not a color, it is a way of life.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Can you believe this?

http://channels.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20060405-0842
(click on this link to see the full article or copy and paste)

The Bible says that Jesus walked on water, but a professor of oceanography at Florida State University in Tallahassee says Christ was actually walking on a floating piece of ice.

The sixth chapter of the Gospel of John tells the story familiar to Christians: When evening came, his disciples went down to the sea, got into a boat and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were terrified. But he said to them: "It is I, do not be afraid." (John 6:16-20)


I am a firm believer in the Bible.....Every WORD!!!!! I am appalled that people are trying to "EXPLAIN" the things that are "UNBELIEVABLE" because they have no faith and choose NOT to believe.

7 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Gone Home said...

So you take every word literally?

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Yes, unless in the particular scripture it says otherwise (like it was a dream, or a vision).

I am not a preacher and am not going to preach to you at all. I know what I have been taught all my life, though, and I know what I believe. What do you believe? if you don't mind me asking. (I am not into debates, religious, or political), so it's just a question so I know if I will be seeing you in the "hereafter". (just kidding Ian! hee hee).

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Tara said...

2 Tim. 3:16 "The scriptures are the breath of God"

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Gone Home said...

Sure, I don't mind you asking, so long as you don't mind an opinion that is different - I don't believe in God at all. I have read the bible many times, as well as the koran and books on other religions, and I just don't believe any of them. Nothing I have read, listened to or been told makes any sense to me. I cannot believe without proof, and with religion there is no proof. I believe in evolution and science, and nothing else. I have no faith, no spirituality and no religion. I just believe in a moral way of living.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I respect your opinion very much. Does it make you sad to not believe in anything? It sounds a little lonely.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Gone Home said...

Not at all. In fact being certain that there is nothing after death, or no metaphysical being controling us, makes me a lot more secure in my life - what is now is now, and that's all it ever will be. In my opinion, of course :)

By the way, I often make fun of religion on my blog. I never mean it in a spiteful or harmful way, nor in a condescending way. I make fun of the concept of religion in the same way as I make fun of any other powerful concept. Not for any other reason :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Tara said...

No offense taken at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home